On Saturday March 2nd, Hanoi Red River Runners will host our annual post-Tet 10km race:
tuRn up and RUN 2013
our first ever Red River Runners Social Event @ Sobros Lounge
Registration is FREE for the race but we request that you register online here before the race day.
There will arrows marked on the roads to help with directions and there will be a course marshall on a motorcycle to direct runners. However, the route is complex and we advise that you familiarise yourself with the course BEFORE the race.
Course Map: http://www.endomondo.com/routes/162529921
– 10km route entirely inside Ciputra
– Start and finish line is outside JAFA restaurant
– Go around the ‘Ian Fox Loop’ anti-clockwise before going around outside of UNIS perimeter
– Loop around T-Block at Km3 & KM4
– Continue to the two roundabouts at the top of Ciputra, passing nearby the main gates – use the Green Paths where shown on the map below (to ensure you run 10km exactly)
– Return on the same route, looping around T-Block again
– After T-Block at KM8 cross to the right and side of the road (i.e. follow traffic rules)
– Loop around UNIS again
– Back to JAFA and the finish line
(right click to download course map below)
Important Race Day information:
– Bags and other belongings can be stored at the start-finish line, but please DO NOT leave valuables. Bags are left at owner’s risk. Do not leave bags in JAFA restaurant during the race.
– No parking is allowed in front of JAFA. Please use the parking area around the back of G2 & G3 Towers and follow the instructions of Ciputra security guards.
– No water will be supplied, please bring your own water, or money to purchase bottles of water at L’s Place or JAFA.
– Race timing is by RaceSplitter technology, but we recommend that you time and measure your own race if you have the means to do so.
10km race info:
This event is free and open to everyone – even if you have never run with the RRR before!
Meet 3.30pm outside JAFA restuarant, G2-G3 Towers, Ciputra. Race starts at 4pm.
Timing will be by RaceSplitter Technology and race numbers will be supplied on the day.
The 10km course will take place entirely inside Ciputra estate – final route will be confirmed in advance here and the course will be marked.
Please note that this is a ‘back to basics’ event. While the race takes place in the relatively safe confines of Ciputra estate, there will be some traffic. Neither Red River Runners or Ciputra are responsible for any injury or accident that occurs to any race participant. RRR are not responsible for the safety of any persons under the age of 18 taking part in the race.
Social Event info:
After the race, join us at Sobros Lounge, 1/52 To Ngoc Van (next door to Joma Cafe) for an evening of drinks, music and dancing to celebrate a hugely successful year for the Hanoi Red River Runners.
The fun starts at 7pm – giving runners plenty of time to get home and showered after the race!
This party is open to all – even if you don’t run with the RRR. So come along, bring your partners, bring your friends and raise a glass to the Red River Runners! If you are attending, we would appreciate if you can let us know through our online registration form, so we can plan the food requirements in advance.
Tickets (available at the door) cost 200,000 VND or just 150,000 VND if you take part in the 10km race! Includes one free beer or soft drink and FREE entry to our awesome prize draw.
As well as great music, there will also be delicious complimentary hot snacks served all evening, and a full menu on offer for those wishing to purchase a meal.
What’s not to like??!!