Hanoi Red River Runners is very proud to present:
Half Marathon, 10k, 5k & kids fun run
Sunday December 7th 2014
Ciputra, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
This year’s race is over – thank you for taking part. Here are the results:
Photos to follow soon!
Song Hong is a non-profit event organised by the Hanoi Red River Runners volunteer running organization. All money raised will go to our beneficiary
Race weekend information:
Song Hong 2014 running events take place this weekend in Hanoi. Please read carefully the following IMPORTANT race information:
– If you have registered online, but not yet paid – you can still pay on Saturday between 12:30 – 15:30 at UNIS school.
– You must collect your race kit on Saturday 6th at the canteen in UNIS school (Ciputra, Lac Long Quan street) between 12:30–15:30pm. This kit will include your race number, vouchers and if you are running in the 10km or half marathon race, it will also include your free race t-shirt. If you have purchased a t-shirt, this will also be in your race kit.
– There will be a registration desk at UNIS on Saturday afternoon 12:30-15:30pm to take care of any last-minute registration requests or problems.
– A reminder that free race t-shirts are only given out to 10km and half marathon participants while stocks last. Priority is given to participants who registered the earliest. If you purchased a t-shirt, then you will receive it regardless of when you registered (as long as you have already completed payment).
– There is no race kit pick-up on the morning of the race. If necessary, someone else can collect your race kit on your behalf on Saturday – but they must provide your registration number that you received when you registered.
– The half marathon and 10km races start at 08:00am on Sunday 7th December. The 5km race starts at 08:05. The kids fun run will start when all runners have completed the other races (around 10:30am or 11:00am). Races start and finish at UNIS Ciputra.
– UNIS gates will be open from 06:30am on Sunday morning. Please arrive early. There will be a professional warm-up hosted by our sponsor Elite Fitness.
– Parking will be available at UNIS for participants on both days.
– Bags, clothing and personal belongings can be left in UNIS canteen during the race but please don’t leave valuables, money or phones. UNIS or RRR will not be responsible for any losses.
– Please remember at all times that you are a guest of UNIS and Ciputra and therefore you must follow any instructions given by staff and security of both organisations. Neither UNIS, Ciputra or Hanoi Red River Runners are responsible for any injuries, theft or loss experienced before, during or after the event.
– Please study the course map for your race. Course maps can be found on this page (scroll down). It is your responsibility to know the route. There will be course volunteers to assist, and there will be some signage and arrows on the streets but we strongly advise you to study and understand the route for yourself. Organisers will be available on Saturday afternoon at UNIS to discuss the route and answer any questions you might have.
– Free water will be given out to runners at the 3 water stops on the course – please refer to the course map for details. We recommend that you carry additional fluids with you in the event that race water runs out or you need more. There will also be free water available at the finish line.
– Hot and cold fresh food, drinks and snacks (including sandwiches, smoothies, bananas, pizza, salad, etc) will be available for purchase at the UNIS J&J Cafe from 7am – 11am.
– Runners participate at their own risk. Races take place on open streets with vehicle traffic. Please obey police and course volunteer instructions and do not block traffic anywhere. Runners to not have priority over any other road users.
– 10km and half marathon runners must pay special attention to cyclists on lake side roads. Cycling is very popular in Tay Ho on Sunday mornings and bicycles may approach you from behind without warning.
– Race timing is by Webscorer app and organised by volunteers, and therefore is not guaranteed. Please also time your own race to be certain of an accurate time. Your race number must be visible when you cross the line or else your time will not be recorded. Do not distract the timing volunteers during the race – they are busy watching other racers. Times will be posted on our website after the race and you will receive an email with the link.
– Complimentary post-race sports massage will be offered by professional physiotherapist, Hugues Tierny.
– Running shoes and apparel will be on sale on both Saturday and Sunday at specially discounted rates offered by our race sponsor Salomon.
– Post-race brunch / lunch and drinks celebration will take place at JAFA restaurant at the conclusion of the event. All participants and supporters are invited to join us!
We wish all participants the very best of luck in what continues to be a hugely enjoyable and successful community event.
Schedule of events for Song Hong 2014
|Saturday 6th 12:30-15:30||Race kit collection, last minute registration||UNIS School canteen|
|06:30||Pre-race build-up||UNIS School|
|07:45||Pre-race warm-up with Elite Fitness|
|10:30 (approx.)||Kids fun run|
|11:30||Post-race brunch celebration||JAFA Restaurant|
Registration is closed for this year.
Online registration closed at 22:00pm Thursday December 4th!
The start and finish lines will be located on the grounds of the United Nations International School of Hanoi in Ciputra. The routes are the same as 2013 but subject to last-minute changes if the new highway opens
We are very pleased to announce that Education for Nature Vietnam (ENV) will again be our benefactor. Race proceeds will go to support their outstanding work on behalf of Vietnam’s wildlife. ENV will also be providing our race day volunteers.
- DK Engineering
- Elite Fitness
- Family Medical Practice
- Rent A Bike Vietnam
- Salomon Vietnam
- UNIS Hanoi
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon
Race Day Information
- All events will take place on Sunday 7th December 2014.
- You must collect your race kit, including number on Saturday 6th December between 1230-1530 at UNIS, Ciputra.
- Start time for the 5k, 10k and half marathon events will be 8:00 a.m.
- The Start Line and Finish Line will both be located at the United Nations International School (UNIS) – Ciputra, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
- Gates will open at 6:30 a.m.
- Elite Fitness will host a professional warm up before the race.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase all morning.
Race Kit Collection
- Half marathon and 10km participants must attend race kit collection at UNIS on Saturday the 6th between 12:30-15:30.
- If you cannot attend race kit collection in person, you may send someone to collect it on your behalf.
Please check back for regular updates. Please also follow us on Facebook.